Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Checking things off the San Francisco List

I'm usually a little late to see all the movies nominated for the all the award shows, so this year is no different. I saw The Reader, with Kate Winslet (which she deserved to win) the day the Academy Awards aired, and just saw Milk yesterday. Sean Penn was absolutely amazing and I'm not usually a Sean Penn fan. We saw it at Kabuki Theater which is part of Sundance Cinemas. Along with new movies, Independent films are shown all year long. They have an over 21 cinema where they serve drinks and food that you can have during the movie...I'll have to go back to enjoy it!

I finally ate at Pizzeria Delfina - They have a restaurant in the Mission and just opened one a few blocks from my Apartment. It's been hard finding a pizzeria that can really compare to NY pizza - I've had a few here that comes close. I wouldn't quite say this NY pizza, but it was unbelievable. I'm a big crust fan and the crust here was a perfect mix of crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Who ever comes to visit is going to have to take a trip there!
Another thing I've been dying to do is get ice cream from Bi-Rite Creamery in the Mission...I love going to home-made icecream places and this is one of the best. They only had about 10 flavors but each of them were so good. I tried Salted Carmel, Lemon Pistachio and ended up getting a scoop of Malted w/ Vanilla peanut brittle and chocolate and a scoop of Cinamon carmel. I would have tried every flavor but they gave you taste testers with real spoons and was kinda embarrassed to keep putting the dirty spoons in the empty cup!

Thank goodness I'm walking the Lion Street Steps tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment